Saturday, April 28, 2007

Munch and more munch

A month ago, over dinner, I told R, my friend's girlfriend, that I thought Penna Cotta was very difficult to make (even though I had never tried it). "But it is very easy!" R said. At that very moment, from my very own mouth (stupid me!), I managed to declare myself a kitchen retard.

To redeem myself, yesterday I attempted to make this dessert for the first time, following none but R's very own recipe, with a little twist of my own (I used blueberries in balsamic vinegar instead of raspberries in icing sugar, also made it an adult version by adding Vodka).

And Voilà! To quote R's words, it really is "one of the easiest desserts to make, and also very impressive"! I am very pleased with myself. So pleased that I headed to Page One this afternoon and bought myself another cookbook, together with his autobiography. Whoever dare to be my guinea pigs, sign up here!


Last night we met up with AJ and his fiancée, C. C just came back from Japan and she was kind enough to bring us an edible souvenir!

It is a multi-layered cake (like an onion), with an apple right in the middle of the cake! Isn't it super cute!





Today we had lunch with BB's uni mate at Phoenix. Back in our dating days, BB and I used to go to this gastropub almost every weekend (at their old address near Bonham Road), to chill out and play board games. How romantic! But since they moved to this present address (Shelly Street, right next to the escalator), we've visited the place a lot less frequently. The food is excellent as always (love their big breakfast and eggs Benedict). We think (without verification though) their price has come down a notch too (today's bill came to about $150 per person). If you want to have a relaxing lunch in a cozy environment, this is the place.