Friday, August 04, 2006

This post should have been up long ago but for the stupid Blogger site glitches...

...OR "On the 11688th Day of My Life".

Birthday card from BB (yes that is a beaded ring):


Free box of Krispy Kreme donuts (distributed in Central to advertise the opening of their first shop in Hong Kong; ex-colleague got two boxes and gave one to me):


Where my precious 8 hours on this special day was spent:


present from my brother:


My birthday dinner at home:
a) they taste much better than they look, trust me
b) these photos were taken when the dishes were half finished - I kept reminding myself I should take pictures first before eating, but when the dishes landed on the dining table I forgot all about the photos

Stir fried king prawns with broccoli


Chicken in sweet soy sauce (Mom's signature dish)


Vegetables and dumplings and fishballs in seafood soup


Thank you all of you for the sweetest warmest birthday wishes (via telephone, email and SMS). You have made this day truly special.