Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Girl power

Last night, I went for a kickboxing trial class with a friend. I have taken kickboxing classes before, but those were the group classes held in a gym, where you jab and kick with 40 other people in a not-very-big room. The experience was not very pleasant.

Last night was a Rolls Royce experience when compared to the group classes I took before. First, it was a private lesson so it's just the coach and me and my friend. The gym itself is not big, like twice the size of a high school classroom, but it has a boxing ring (mini version I suppose - I don't know how big a proper boxing ring is), a few sandbags and enough spare room for you to run about kicking asses. Last night there were no other classes or students, so the coach, me and my friend had the whole place to ourselves. We spend the hour kicking and punching. Oh and we wore boxing gloves and kick real people (i.e. the coach)!!

Strangely, I didn't sweat a lot during the class but I could definitely feel I have had a good work out - today my arms and legs are hurting. But it feels good.

The private classes are not cheap, but being DBJ (and a closet shopaholic) I of course have signed myself up. I hope I can shape up my figure for the wedding. Better spend money on this than on a pair of Manolo right?

I will be an ass kicking queen! BB should be very worried.