Friday, August 25, 2006

Dr House

Recently I have become a fan of Hugh Laurie, or Dr Gregory House in House M.D. Until House M.D., I never knew who Hugh Laurie was, but BB told me he was already very famous in the UK before House M.D. (he is British, which was a surprise to me because he speaks impeccable Amercian English in the drama series), and was in A Bit of Fry and Laurie and Jeeves and Wooster and Blackaddar (where he plays the dimwit Prince George). I googled him (yes when I am obsessed I am unstoppable, just like I was with the pontikege, and btw I am over pontikege now, surprise surprise) and discovered that he is actually very multi-talented. He plays the piano, guitar and harmonica. He sings very well. He writes novels. He bikes. He rows. He also graduated from Eton and Cambridge.

Oh and did I mention he has the most incredible blue eyes? And I have seen him in interviews, his sense of humour amazes me, and he is nothing like the cranky Dr House character he plays.

There really is something about men named Hugh (Hugh Grant! and Hugh Jackman!).