Monday, August 07, 2006

Shopping!

On Saturday we had dinner at MOG's place. After a satisfying 3-course meal and a few glasses of red and white, MOG said, "You wanna see my conquests in Europe?", meaning the suits/shoes/belts/shirts/bags/trousers/jackets/etc. he bought during his shopping spree in Milan/Florence/London in July.

In less than 10 minutes, the living room was covered with Prada bag/Christian Dior shirts/Dolce & Gabbana belts/Gucci suits/Tod's shoes/numerous other pretty things. "They were all at least 1/3 of the original price! Everywhere in Europe is on sale!", said MOG. We ooh-ed and aah-ed at these amazing bargains for the rest of the night.

I don't know about the others, but I was drooling with envy. It has been a long while since I last went on a shopping spree. Those who know me well would know this is almost a miracle. When I was younger, I once shopped so much in Paris that I returned with only GBP10 to spend until the next pay check arrived in a week's time (I was too thin-skinned to ask Dad to wire me money). My friends, witnessing my misery, jumped in to buy me lunches and dinners during that week. That was the first time I experienced the power of friendship. *sniff*

Seeing those pretty things at MOG's, the shopaholic inside me was screaming and bursting to come out. BB, who loves me too much to see my suffer, has promised to take me to Europe next summer:


DBJ: I want to go shopping in Florence! I want to buy that Prada travel bag!! Why don't we go to Europe next year? Or better still, we can go shopping in Italy, stop over in Lisbon to visit your grandpa, and then stop over in London to visit your parents! Isn't that perfect?

BB: Yeah.

DBJ: And we can go in the summer! The weather will be fantastic and we can shop all day!! And I can finally meet your grandpa and we can see your parents!! Isn't it great?

BB: Yeah.

DBJ: So is that a promise? Promise? Promise? PROMISE??????

BB: Yeah. Whatever.


As you can see, we are SO going to Europe next summer yippee!!!!