Tuesday, August 15, 2006

88... and counting

I have a countdown calendar on my personalised Google homepage so I know it's 88 days before our wedding. The preparation progress has been very promising so far:

- we have booked all the important services like church, reception venue, make-up artists, wedding dress designer, photographer, videographer, decoration, and band.
- we collected the wedding bands yesterday.
- I am meeting with the wedding dress designer this Friday for a second fitting (i.e. I have to crash diet in the next few days to rid myself of the extra pounds I gained from all the crisps and movenpick ice-creams).
- meeting with the videographer is next week.
- we will collect the invitation cards from the printer this Sunday.
- we have started to put together the wedding schedule.

There are of course a lot of other small but important tasks that we need to take care of, but one thing at a time. BB and I have agreed that every day we have to make some progress on the preparation work, big or small. Yesterday it was finalising the wedding party, today it is calling the stupid "I-am-sorry-our-lines-are-busy-no-matter-how-many-times-you-call" Marriage Registry to arrange for the application of a marriage notice.

Athough I do not mind being busy for a happy cause, what I really want now is fast forward to 3 months later, when the wedding is over, the house moving is done, and we are enjoying the lovely wines in the lovely vineyards. Oh honeymoon, honeymoon, I want you. Now.