Monday, October 15, 2007

Paris. Seafood.

Before I had time to come to terms with my reality for the next 12 days, I had to rush out for drinks and lunch with my clients.

Drinks was at my client's home near the Louvre, a spacious top floor flat with a balcony commanding a 360-degree view of Central Paris. Jet lag has kicked in and part of me wanted to leave, but (i) I found out later that my client especially organised today for me, (ii) there were only 5 of us so if I take off it will be very obvious, and (iii) I have a 70 sq feet room waiting for me, so what's the hurry?

Lunch was at Brasserie Bofinger. I have never seen such a humongous seafood platter (at least 36 inches in diameter), stacked with almost ALL the seafood you can name. The food was exemplary, and the bill was vast (a 2-person seafood platter costs 130 euros).

------

I am now back in my room, typing away. And with a pillow too, thanks to my colleauge (poor thing who has to stay in the same tiny room like me for a whole month) who has kindly lent me his extra pillow (and his hair dryer) (and his internet cable too, hence you can see this post). Life is beautiful after all.