Thursday, October 04, 2007

My love language is Service.

I am going to Paris for business next weekend, so lately my conversations with BB have largely comprised of the following:

[During Dinner] "Remember to feed the cats and change their water bottle every morning and night?" "Yes."

[After dinner, washing dishes] "Remember you have to scoop their litter three times a day at least, otherwise they won't poo in the litter box?" "Yes."

[While watching "24"] "Remember how to use the washing machine?" "Yees."

[During commercial breaks of "24"] "Remember to comb the cats' hair and clean their eyes and cuddle them every night?" "Yeees."

[He in a shower, me brushing my teeth outside] "Hemembar choo open fer yea'er boff effrey offur fay?" "The what?" "Se Yatter box!" "Yeees."

[In bed] "Remember to open a bit of the windows when you leave home? I don't want the cats to suffocate to death." "Yeeeees." "And remember to pick up your dry cleaning on Saturday, or you will have no shirt to wear to work." "[An inaudible mumble]."

I will be away for 12 days. This will be the first and longest time BB and I are apart since we were married. I am sure he will miss me immensely (though secretly happy that the nagging wife is finally on the plane to Croissant Land).