Monday, October 22, 2007

Paris. La Château le Fontainebleau. La Défense. My neighbour.

I was thinking of updating the blog only after I have returned home, but tonight I received an E-card(!) from a friend containing the following message: "How's your trip in Paris? ... Do remember to update your blog as fast as possible, I can't wait reading your new posts..." Talk about ego boost :) Thanks L, here you go, and yes, I am having a great time in the Land of Café Crème. It doesn't hurt to be a bit warmer, but I am not complaining.

-------------------

My client was kind enough to sacrifice his Sunday and drove us out of Paris to the Château le Fontainebleau.

The weather could not be more wonderful. The sunny morning even almost gave me a little nice tan.




The usual extravagance and glitter one can expect in a palace. After a few rooms that look more or less the same, you get really bored and start thinking about something else, like shopping.

A quiet corner outside the palace.










--------------------

The "new" Arc de Triomphe at La Défense. It was equally sunny yesterday, but a tad bit warmer.








My next door neighbour. I first met him one early morning, before I went to work. He was nowhere to be found the past few days though. I kind of miss him.