Monday, July 31, 2006

You know you are getting old...

...when you (almost) forgot your own birthday.

I was aware that August is coming, but it didn't occur to me that my birthday is around the corner too until my first birthday present this year arrived in the mail from my future mom-in-law (aka BBM). That's so sweet of her.

It seems that after hitting the big three Oh, birthdays are irrevalent. There is no excitement and expectation revolving around that day anymore, and your birthday wish has changed from "get a boyfriend", "get a better boyfriend!", "lose 10 pounds", "lose that extra 5.5 pounds!" to "good health" and "happiness". And you thought only 50-year-olds would wish for good health and happiness.

BB will be working late on my birthday so I plan to spend my evening curling up on my sofa (probably with my cat beside me), watch Frasier and eat a tub of Movenpick ice-cream. That would be quite cool.