Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The lobster, shrimp and crab louie was fantastic.

Having lunch with L is always a pleasure.

We were classmates in law school, and after we graduated, we joined the same law firm and became colleagues.

I left that law firm three years ago, but L and I manage to keep in touch. Whenever we meet up (which is less often than we'd like to be), it's always full of fun and non-stop chatting. Pure gals' talk.

Having changed jobs a few times has left me with, besides a few more lines on my CV, a fair amount of "ex-colleagues". Not all "ex-colleagues" can transition smoothly into "friends" -- time will tell. There are disappointments, but there are more surprises.

L is never a surprise though. I always knew we would be friends, colleagues or not. And I am so glad I am right.