Thursday, October 05, 2006

A visit to the ultrasound room

OR "Oh-my-God-the-baby's-heart-is-beating!" or "Oh-my-God-it-has-the-cutest-lips!"

My friend B is 25 weeks into her pregnancy and this morning she and her husband C paid a visit to the doctor for her regular pregnancy check-up. I, the nosy one who enjoy being vicariously pregnant, tagged along. After some routine blood and urine sample collection, we were shown to the ultrasound room.

B and C must be very used to this, but I was very nervous, as this is the first time I get to see a real baby through ultrasound.

The baby had its face hidden by its hands most of the time, and we couldn't see clearly its features. In fact most of the time all I could see was a big circle (the head). But at the very end, for a few seconds, the baby removed its hands from its face and we could see its features. It has very cute thin lips and a big nose (CUTE!). I also heard its heart beating. It was awesome and I was almost speechless (except the arrrhhs and ohhhhhs).

The mystery of childbirth never ceases to amaze me. This is probably God's biggest and best manifestation of his omnipower.