Monday, October 23, 2006

How I love my shiny kitchen

...and the bathrooms and the study and the bedroom and the guest room and the living room and the dining room, which are all new and shiny and smell of paint and new wood.

The housemoving could not have gone more smoothly, starting from Friday evening when we moved some of the smaller boxes to the new house (with the help of our friends), and ending with the big moving truck coming over and wrapping our sofa and dining table and mattress with super large cling film and transporting everything big and small to the new house on Sunday afternoon. The unpacking and tidying up took only a few hours (with the help with both my parents and BB's mom and the part time maid) and by 8pm Sunday the new house is 99% functional. We are so blessed in having such lovely parents and friends.

I am so glad this is now over. We can finally focus on the wedding preparations in the next few weeks.

--------------

P.S. I never realised I have expensive taste until Saturday afternoon, when we met with the florist / event co-ordinator to discuss our wedding decoration. When asked what kind of flowers we wanted to use for the wedding, I picked the flowers which turned out to be really expensive (e.g some rare specie of peony, amaryllis, and some exotic flowers the names of which I can't remember, etc). This wasn't intentional - I just thought they were super beautiful. Obviously, BB wasn't impressed (and kept rolling eyes at me), and at the end a compromise was reached, so that instead of using all the expensive flowers, we will also mix them with some of my less favourite, but more economical, flowers.

So don't be surprised when you will see roses at our wedding reception.