Saturday, August 18, 2007

A Small History of Nearly Everything.

I know I know, I am on holiday and therefore I should be spending quality time cuddling and having sweet talks with my husband, instead of blogging ABOUT SOME BOOK. But I cannot contain myself.

A Small History of Nearly Everthing is probably the best book I have ever read in recent years. I bought this book a few years back, read a couple of chapters and then put it down, and only picked it up again and finished it recently.

Faithful to the title, the book talks about the universe, the earth and the sea, all forms of life, basically about nearly everything.

Having obtained only a pathetic "D" grade in my HKCEE biology exam, and with no physics or chemcial studies background, I should have no reason to read, let alone like, a book about science, which is packed with complicated information and 47-letter-26-syllable-jargons. But I adore this book.

When I read the last chapter, which I believe is the main theme and reason for Bill Bryson to write this book, I cried. And it made me love this book even more.

If you care about this universe and all things that live in it, get yourself a copy. You will be so glad.

--------

BTW there are so many geckos in Phuket!!! I love the universe and all that, but could somebody make the geckos leave our villa?