Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Phuket.

Dinner at Baan Rim Pa. As BB said, you go there for the atmosphere rather than the food. As the restaurant sits on the cliffside overlooking the ocean (so it was totally dark out there at night), and we were seated on the balcony (closest to the sea!), and it was raining with thunderstorm, I spent almost the entire night worrying where we should hide when the tsunami hit (nowhere) and the chances of our survival if it did happen (none). I wonder if other people are thinking the same or if it's just me.

Lunch at Phuja Nirvana inside Central Festival Phuket. We walked into the restaurant with little knowledge about it (apart from the recommendation from the Luxe Guide) and even less expectation (there was only one other customer besides us), but it turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Highly recommended is their green papaya salad.

See, I told you there were LOADS of geckos! I called them Mr Gabriel in the hope of generating familiarity and intimacy (but it didn't work). There are many many Mr Gabriels in Phuket.

Keith Floyd's Brasserie at Burasari Resort Patong. There is an open kitchen outside.

The French onion soup that the waiter strongly dissuaded me from trying. "But Hong Kong people will not like it, it's too salty!", he said it three times. He only gave up when I told him "But I am not normal Hong Kong people" (of course I am; I just like French onion soup too much), gave me the "oh-well-whatever-but-don't-complain-later-on" look and walked away. For the record, IT WAS GOOD.

The lobster thermidor that BB and I truly enjoyed.

Our last dinner at Phuket. Being part of the Lan Kwai Fong Entertainment Group, this restaurant, with its contemporary yet comfortable setting, delivers genuinely high quality Thai food. On our way out of the restaurant, we bumped into none other than the famous Father of LKF, aka Mr Ocean Park.

Going through these photos (except Mr Gabriel of course), I now long for another holiday again.