Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Murphy's law

I have injured my back mysteriously. Everything was fine (ok there has been a slight uncomfortable feeling for a month or two but doesn't everyone have back pain?) until yesterday evening when I really started to feel it getting stiff and painful. Then this morning I could hardly get off my bed without screaming my head off. The pain comes from inside the spine; it's nervous pain rather than muscle pain, and therefore much sharper.

I have my spine x-rayed but results will only be available in a few days' time. Meanwhile, I am on Panadol and antibiotics. I cannot make big movements, I cannot bend my back, I cannot squat; I feel like a 70-year-old.

And did I mention I am having the flu too and my nose is runny and I am building a mountain of tissue balls on my desk?

Grrrrr.