Thursday, February 22, 2007

Chinese New Year

My CNY holiday started on Thursday afternoon, when my backpain relapsed while I was sitting in the office and I had to go home early on Thursday. I was quite worried that I had to spend my holidays in bed, but it turned out that as soon as I was out of the office, my backpain miraculously disappeared. (I think my back is allergic to work.) So I was a happy moving bunny during CNY.

But I would be happier if I did not have to spend hours and hours sorting the wedding photos which we finally received from our photographer. After screening 4,000 of them, some of the nicer photos are now on-line and I will drop you an email soon attaching the link.

On the 2nd day of the New Year, our friends came over for a 開年飯 ("hoi nin fan" or "year-opening dinner", to celebrate the beginning of a new year). Apart from the usual CNY festive food which we never seem to get bored with (turnip cakes, taro cakes, and of course my favorite, the sweet rice cakes), we had a great time playing tennis and softball and boxing on the Wii and killing each other on X-box 360.

Now it's back to normal. I am only due back to work next Monday so I can have a few more days to spend with my latest sweetheart, Ray Barone.

Life is good when you're on holiday.