Friday, May 08, 2009

AJ Jacobs.

This man wrote a book called The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to follow the Bible as Literally as Possible, in which he documented - yeah you guessed right - the year when he lived his life by following the Bible as literally as possible, including growing a messy beard and not wearing mixed fibre clothes.



And he is no nutcase. He has a good CV. He just happens to be a guy who likes to use himself as an experimental tool.

I came to know about him when I read his other book, The Know-It-All. In this book, he wrote about the year he spent on reading the Encyclopaedia Britannica from A to Z. The book - a bit like his journal and extremely funny and informative - is easily one of my favourites. I haven't read The Year of Living Biblically, but I will get a copy.

His new book, The Guinea Pig Diaries, is coming out September this year.