Sunday, April 13, 2008

With Love from Switzerland.

Standing on Jungfraujoch, surrounded by white, almost all by myself. I felt so overwhelmed, and a little bit scared.

My near-death experience (ok ok I am exaggerating) and my trousers after escaping from the 12-inch deep snow.

Thun - where we stayed for BB's training. The weather was fantastic for a few days and behind the hotel was this magnificant Thunersee Lake. I walked along the lakeshore everyday, marvelling at the lake and the grass and the trees and the clouds and the blue sky. It's heaven on earth.




My virgin "lunch by myself" experience - I have this notion that it is sad to be eating a meal by yourself (a quick coffee at Starbucks is OK; lunch in Cafe de Coral is no; dinner at Spoon is miserable beyond description). However, since BB was in training while I travelled to Emmental, and I was desperate to try out their local restaurant menu containing (what else but) emmental cheese, I had no choice but to find myself telling the waitress "table for one please".

The verdict - it wasn't too bad, as long as you have a book that you can pretend to read. And the cheese and vegetables rosti was yummy but extremely filling (I only managed to finish 1/3 of it).